Monday, July 4, 2011

It was the Best of Times; it was the Worst of Times: Four Single Friends Take on Italy

I just got back from travelling around Italy with 3 great friends:  Linda Voelsch, Amy Hubbard and Eddie Keener.  We laughed, we cried.  We ate, we prayed, we loved.  And then we ate some more. 

This trip was a year in the making but over in just 17 short days.  It was full of planes, trains and automobiles as well as pasta, gelato and wine.  Oh and laughter; uncontrollable, from the gut laughter.  I was full on with my “Man Laugh” as friends refer to my throw my head back and laugh from my toes laugh.

And then there was the lone testosterone amongst 3 estrogen filled beauties.  Poor Eddie.  He finally had to have a “Boy Day” in Venice.  A man can only stroll through so many Murano Glass stores before his head starts to spin. 

And when I say it was the Best and Worst of times, I am being very serious.  Not worst when you think of the grand scheme of things, but worst when you think of a dream vacation.  But missed plane connections, flat tires, getting lost and even a hospital visit couldn’t tarnish the final outcome: The blessing of being able to spend 2 ½ glorious weeks with friends in Italy!

Stay tuned over the next few weeks and I’ll give you the highlights…

Question:  What is/was your dream vacation?

1 comment:

Private Label Skincare said...

My sister and I are planning a trip to Italy...some day. Our last trip together was to Amsterdam and it was a blast! Looking forward to reading the rest of your posts about your trip!